For those who are absolutely unfamiliar with the IB curriculum: For the children of globally mobile families, the International Baccalaureate (IB) programme provides a rigorous, consistent high school curriculum. In India, it is an international curriculum because it is used by the majority of schools around the world.
In India, schools are no longer limited to curricula such as CBSE, ICSE, or the state board. With the world obsessed with the concept of 'globalisation,' international schools are springing up at a steady rate in India.
1. The IB curriculum emphasises creativity, hands-on learning, and a comprehensive approach to education.
2. The IB prepares students to be global citizens. The curriculum is created in such a way that a student develops a worldwide perspective and becomes globally competent—confident, self-reliant, and cognizant of global events.
3. The IB fosters critical thinking in students. In today’s environment, critical thinking is critical since it allows a person to assess and evaluate topics and views while also generating ideas..
4. The International Baccalaureate emphasises equilibrium. An IB student is seen as having a well-balanced study routine, effective time management abilities, and a personality that is not solely focused on academics. The curriculum promotes creativity, action, and service (CAS) as well as learning outside of the classroom. This equilibrium aids a student’s emotional, physical, intellectual, and ethical well-being.
5. The IB supports in-depth learning. The IB curriculum and exams do not encourage students to learn a subject just for the sake of getting good scores. Subject groups allow students to choose a subject of their choice, which encourages in-depth understanding of a subject. The International Baccalaureate’s motto is “Learn to Understand.”
6. The Theory of Knowledge (TOK) and Extended Essay (EA) are aspects of the IB curriculum that urge students to ‘apply’ what they learn in school. The TOK, for example, pushes students to make connections across disciplines and to back up their knowledge. This method of instruction greatly aids the learner in developing a modern and global perspective, hence assisting in their overall development.
As a result, the IB curriculum is the way of the future for schools all around the world.
Rostrum specialises in assisting and mentoring students of IB MYP and IB DP.
All of our instructors go through a rigorous selection and training process to guarantee that they are not only outstanding at leading you to achieve success in the IB, but also exceptional at guiding you to achieve success in the IB.
Here’s how you’d find us to be different:
Convenient Learning: You may learn at your own pace and at your own convenience with IB Coaching at Rostrum. With online coaching, you may make effective use of technology by recording your sessions and reviewing them when you need help with internal assignments or reviewing courses. Students who want to learn at their own pace may find that recording an online lesson is beneficial because they may return to it later in the day and slow down or pause it while taking notes. Tutors provide students a variety of evaluations based on their learning styles and use rubrics to prompt self-evaluation to give them the flexibility they need to reach their learning goals.
Personal Attention: We commonly hear parents complain about their children’s lack of attention in school and even at tuition. It’s unrealistic to demand the teacher’s full attention when there are almost 25 to 40 people in the room, and there’s only so much your teacher can accomplish. The student receives the tutor’s complete attention during one-on-one sessions, resulting in a productive session with unlimited doubt clearing sessions. You can also enjoy a distraction-free environment with a competent online academic instructor, which is crucial to the learning process. It’s not uncommon for a student in a large classroom to feel overwhelmed or frustrated by the constant chatter of a classroom. Our personalised care will ensure that you overcome your difficulties and get a perfect IB score. We provide tutoring services all over the world including on-site services in India and UAE.
Expert Guidance: Our team of subject experienced tutors assist students of the IB MYP and DP in the successful completion of their Portfolios, Personal project, EE, TOK essay and Internal Assessments. All our IB tutors are IB graduates themselves and scored perfect marks in the subject they teach. All Rostrum tutors have all completed the IB programme and received excellent grades. In fact, our IB Tutors’ most common score is the full 45 points. Specifically, your instructor will have scored a 7 in your topic or on the assignment you’re having trouble with. Their mission is to guide you and provide you with the tools you need to accomplish the same. We will select a tutor from our large network of over 300 tutors to meet your specific needs and desires.
Strategic Learning: One-on-one online IB tutoring is without a doubt the most effective online tutoring platform. One of the most significant advantages is the temporal flexibility provided by specialised study strategies. A tutor may have to use commonplace tactics to educate a group of pupils, but in a one-on-one setting, the class can be adjusted to the student’s individual needs and talents. This will also help the tutor build a study plan ahead of time and complete the course much more quickly. With 1-on-1 e-learning, all of the capabilities that simplify and make the teaching and learning process easier are combined.
Customised sessions are held with the understanding that each student is different in terms of grasping and learning abilities. We offer IB tutoring services for all the course subjects such as IB Maths, IB Chemistry, IB Physics, IB Economics, IB Biology, IB English, IB Hindi and many more. Our tutors help you outline your areas of strengths and improvement in a subject. They devise ways and utilise various tools to make learning easy. We also provide resources for deeper understanding of a topic.
Achieve Targets: Perfect IB score is 45. Our tutors make certain that you achieve the ‘target score’ by channelizing your efforts in the right way. We have an innovative approach which involves interactive whiteboards and customised resources to develop exam skills and ensure that no stone is left unturned to maximise your marks.